Orange Level Quiz #5 – Embedded Questions (ANSWERS)
Part A. Directions: Answer each question with an embedded question. These are in the present tense. Use pronouns in your answer whenever possible. (10 points)
Example: A: What time is it?
B: I don’t know what time it is.
1. A: What’s her name?
B: I don’t know what her name is.
2. A: When does the game start?
B: I’m not sure when it starts.
3. A: Why is she mad?
B: I have no idea why she’s mad.
4. A: Where do they live?
B: I can’t remember where they live.
5. A: How does this cell phone work?
B: Don’t ask me how it works.
6. A: What does she think about my idea?
B: I don’t know what she thinks about it.
7: A: What’s the answer to the question?
B: No one knows what the answer is.
8. A: How much does this cereal cost?
B: I’m not sure how much it costs.
9. A: Why does it take so long for them to get ready?
B: Who knows why it takes so long.
10. A: Where are my shoes?
B: I have no idea where they are.
Part B. Directions: Answer each question with an embedded question. These are in the past tense. Use pronouns in your answer whenever possible. (10 points)
Example: A: Where did my watch go?
B: I don’t know where it went.
1. A: Where was she yesterday?
B: I don’t know where she was.
2. A: How did the movie end?
B: I can’t remember how it ended.
3. A: Where did they have the party last year?
B: No one can remember where they had it.
4. A: When did you wake up?
B: I’m not sure when I woke up.
5. A: What did she do?
B: I’m not sure what she did.
6. A: How many people were there?
B: She can’t tell how many people there were. (or, were there)
7. A: What time did class start?
B: I have no idea what time it started.
8. A: How much money did you make last year?
B: I don’t want to tell you how much (money) I made.
9. A: When were they here last?
B: He doesn’t know when they were here.
10. A: What was the problem?
B: They’re not sure what the problem was.