Orange Level Quiz #9 – So / Too / Either / Neither (ANSWERS)
Part A. Directions: Choose “so” or “too” for each sentence and the correct helping or modal verb for each sentence. (10 points)
1. I like to watch the news in the evening, and so do my friends.
2. Veronica went to the University of Illinois, and John did too.
3. He’s a student, and so are you.
4. My kids are tired, and I am too.
5. The train is going to be late, and so is the bus.
6. Our teacher is interesting, and yours is too.
7. This coat was made in India, and so was hers.
8. They have been to New York, and we have too.
9. I’ll try to help you, and so will they.
10. He should start looking for a new job, and so should they.
Part B. Directions: Choose “either” or “neither” for each sentence and the correct helping or modal verb for each sentence. (10 points)
1. My neighbors don’t like the noise from the traffic, and I don’t either.
2. He isn’t interested in moving to another state, and neither is she.
3. Ali can’t swim, and neither can his friend, Richard.
4. I don’t want these old clothes, and they don’t either.
5. She hasn’t seen that movie, and neither has he.
6. You shouldn’t overeat, and your kids shouldn’t either.
7. Denise didn’t come to class yesterday, and George didn’t either.
8. My dog won’t go into the water, and neither will my cat.
9. You’re not hungry, and neither am I.
10. He hasn’t had any problems with his Toyota, and his sister hasn’t either.