“go” + preposition: Quiz #10 – ANSWERS
Directions: Complete each sentence with the correct preposition following the verb “go.” In some of these sentences, two or more prepositions might be required. In some cases, there might be more than one choice for a preposition.
Example: Killing another person goes __________ many people’s religious beliefs. (In the blank put “against.”)
1. Hector and Nadia are going ____through_____ a difficult divorce.
2. We should ask our friends if they want to go ____to______ a movie.
3. If you’re the next person in line, the person behind you goes ____after_____ you.
4. The train goes right ____by_____ our building regularly. (or “past”)
5. The file marked “D” goes ____between____ the files makred “C” and “E.”
6. I have to go ____to_____ the store to get some milk.
7. Lynne is going ___for_____ a Master’s degree in engineering.
8. The price of a gallon of gas went ___up_____ ____from_____ $1.80 per gallon to over $2.00 a gallon.
9. The police officer was commended for going ___above____ and ___beyond____ the call of duty.
10. The fire will go ____out_____ if you don’t keep adding firewood to it.
11. You only have a few items in your shopping cart. You may go _____ahead_____ ___of_____me.
12. Let’s all go ___in____ ____on_____ some pizzas. Everyone chip in five bucks.
13. The fastest way to go ____across_____ the Atlantic Ocean is by plane.
14. The students went ____over_____ some study questions together before their big test.
15. The woman wouldn’t stop talking. She just went ____on____ and _____on_____.
16. Candles go ___on_____ ____top____ ____of____ a birthday cake.
17. A person can’t go ____without_____ water for more than three days.
18. The party went ____past____ midnight, and then everyone left.
19. It’s more fun to go ____on_____ vacation with your friends than to go alone.
20. The money we’re saving is going to go ___towards____ the purchase of a house.
Click here to return to the prepositions quizzes.