Prepositions Quiz #2 (ANSWERS)
Directions: Complete each sentence with the correct preposition. Choose from the word bank below:
between by during for from in in front of
1. Helena received a letter from her brother.
2. There’s a cab parked in front of the apartment building.
3. What did you do during the day yesterday?
4. My flight was very uncomfortable. I had to sit between two very large people.
5. Please get in the car so we can go.
6. What company do you work for now?
7. During the 1980s, John and Mary lived in Portland, Oregon.
8. He made a very large amount of money by working as a stockbroker.
9. Some students don’t like to speak English in front of people they don’t know.
10. I have lived in Minnesota for 19 years.
11. What did you learn from your teacher today?
12. We should keep this a secret. This is between only you and me.
13. She works in advertising for a small company.
14. Which dealership did you buy your car from?
15. When we returned to school in the fall, our teacher asked us what we did during the summer break.
16. I forgot who the book was written by. Do you remember the name of the author?
17. Tom had to get between two men who were about to fight each other.
18. How much did you get for your car?
19. There’s a spare tire in the trunk of the car.
20. No one can see the TV if you’re standing in front of it.