Prepositions Quiz #5 (ANSWERS)
Directions: Complete each sentence with the correct preposition. Choose from the word bank below:
on top of out of over per through throughout to
1. I’ll be busy ______throughout_____ the day tomorrow, so I won’t be able to call you.
2. She pulled her keys ______out of ______ her purse and handed them to her sister.
3. You have to fly ____over_________ the ocean to get from Europe to the United States.
4. Stan was traveling at over 110 miles _____per________ hour when the police officer stopped him for speeding.
5. You should try to stay ___on top of_____ the news if you want to know what’s happening in the world.
6. Sarah ran _____out of_____ milk, so she went to the store to buy a few gallons.
7. You must remember to bring a pen _____to______ class; otherwise, your teacher will get angry.
8. How much money does she make _____per_______ year at her job?
9. The only way to get to that part of the city is to cross _______over_____ a bridge.
10. The subway train passes ____through_____ a long tunnel before it arrives at the airport.
11. Henri was kicked ____out of ______ class because he was rude to the teacher.
12. She would go _______to______ the ends of the earth to help her children.
13. There are many fire stations _____throughout _______ the city.
14. You’ll have to go _____through_____ at least four years of college if you want to get a job that pays well.
15. The cat jumped ____on top of ______ the refrigerator and stayed there for half an hour.
16. If you don’t take that cake ____out of _______ the oven right now, it’s going to burn.
17. For some people, it’s hard to get ____through_______ the day without a cigarette.
18. I need to get _______to_______ the bank before it closes.
19. You need to get _____on top of_____ this problem before it gets worse.
20. There have been many bloody wars fought ______throughout _____ human history.