Prepositions Quiz #6 (ANSWERS)
Directions: Complete each sentence with the correct preposition. Choose from the word bank below:
towards underneath until up with within without
1. During the earthquake, the ground ____underneath____ my feet began to shake.
2. When was the last time he went an entire day ____without_____ a cigarette?
3. Lisa likes to go shopping for clothes ______with_______ her friends to get their advice.
4. The money that Bing is saving will go ____towards_______ college for her kids.
5. People who live in southern and central Minnesota like to travel ______up_______ north during the summer.
6. On the weekend, Loni doesn’t wake up _____until______ 10 a.m. in the morning.
7. Is there a mosque that they can go to ___within_______ the city?
8. The subway ____underneath_____ the city can get people to their destinations very quickly.
9. This street goes ____through______ a very dangerous neighborhood.
10. It’s probably going to rain, so don’t leave ____without______ an umbrella.
11. The airport is ____within_______ a fifteen-minute drive.
12. As you walk _____towards______ the entrance of the fairgrounds, you’ll see the person selling tickets.
13. It’s more difficult to travel ______up_______ the river than down it because the current flows south.
14. Vic won’t be coming home _____until_______ next summer.
15. Amish farmers build their houses ___without_______ using electricity or modern equipment.
16. What do you think she looks like ____underneath_____ those dark sunglasses
17. I fertilized my vegetables ______with______ compost and the results were very good.
18. The sun will go down ____within______ the next hour or so.
19. He left the house ___without______ his cell phone, so he drove back home to get it.
20. Looking ____towards______ the future, they’ve decided to save money for a new house.