Prepositions for Time: Quiz #7 (ANSWERS)
Directions: Complete each sentence with the correct preposition. Choose from the word bank below:
about at during for in on within
1. Our plane will be landing ____in_____ ten minutes.
2. What do you do ___during______ the day?
3. It’s going to take ____about______ fifteen to twenty minutes for the pizza to be ready.
4. Meet me _____at______ exactly 3:30.
5. They got to the train station just ____in______ time before the train left.
6. Nora never comes to class ___on_____ time.
7. John came ____within______ one year of retiring from his job before he died.
8. The church parking lot is always full ____on_____ Sundays.
9. There’s _____about______ a minute remaining before the games ends.
10. Sometimes she can’t sleep ____at_____ night, so she takes medicine that makes her drowsy.
11. There were two women talking _____during_____ the entire movie. They wouldn’t be quiet.
12. We can’t wait ____for______ the concert to begin. This is going to be great!
13. The books we ordered through Amazon should be here _____within (or in)____ the next three to five days.
14. _During______ the wedding ceremony, it started to rain, and everyone who didn’t have an umbrella got soaked.
15. The class lasted _____for____ over three hours. That was too long!
16. I’ll meet you _____in_____ an hour at the entrance to the store. Wait for me if I’m not there by that time.
17. They talked on the phone ____for_____ almost four hours.
18. He refuses to work ____on______ the weekends because he wants to spend time with his family.
19. The alarm clock is set _____for_____ 5:30 a.m.
20. We’re looking _____at_____ a two-hour wait at the airport before our plane leaves.