1. It gets dark very quickly after sunset.
2. After 5:00 a lot of people head home from work.
3. Cemeteries get a lot of new visitors after a war.
4. Human beings started to learn how to make many new tools after prehistoric times.
|5. They decided to remain on good terms after their divorce. |
6. Strawberries in Minnesota become ripe after the middle of June.
7. Lucinda and Gary got something to eat after a walk in the park.
| The word “after” is also used as a subordinating conjunction in an adverb clause. |