1. It feels good to wake up before sunrise.
(“Before” is often used with time.)
2. It’s about twenty-five minutes before ten.
3. Moses went before King Pharaoh and asked him to let his people go.
4. These musicians enjoy performing before an audience.
|5. She stretches her legs before a race. |
6. The mountain that lies before us will take a week to climb.
We have a long journey before us.
7. She has many new challenges before her.
| The word “before” is also used as a subordinating conjunction in an adverb clause. |