1. This man is standing below the transmission tower.
2. This building is very tall. There are many buildings below that are shorter.
3. Below the ground, the subway carries people around the city.
4. Her head is above the water. The rest of her body is below the water.
| 5. The airplane is flying above the clouds. Below the clouds, it’s raining. |
| 6. These fish are far below the surface of the water. |
| 7. When the temperature is below 32 degrees Fahrenheit and there’s snow on the ground, you can make a snowman. |
8. In boxing, it’s against the rules to hit your opponent below the belt.
(below the belt = below the waist)
| 9. She works below the assistant manager. He’s not her supervisor, but he tells her what to do. |