1. He teaches nothing but music all day long.
2. All but one person left the movie theater.
3. He left the house this morning wearing nothing but a hat and shoes. (The police soon arrested him.)
4. The company takes nothing but cash for the work that it does.
(They only take cash.)
|5. You should stay away from that guy. He’s nothing but trouble. |
6. She does everyone’s job but her own. She needs to do her own work before she helps others.
7. All but one country on the planet share a continent with other countries. Only Australia is by itself.
8. Before someone testifies in a court of law or a hearing, the person is asked, “Do you promise to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth?”
Here’s a YouTube video that explains more