1. There’s a steeple on top of the church.
A cross is on top of the steeple.
2. A surfer rides his surfboard on top of the water.
3. A clock and a statue are on top of the building.
| 4. The nuts and chocolate on top of the ice cream taste really good. |
5. A polar bear is standing on top of the ice and reaching underneath to grab a fish.
6. He has a helmet on top of his head.
("On" might be a better choice here. "He has a helment on his head," but some people will use "on top of" instead of "on."
7. It’s a good idea to stay on top of the news.
stay on top of = monitor; watch; follow.