The word "outside" can be used as a noun, a preposition, an adjective, or as an adverb.
1. This is a beautiful place to spend a vacation outside the city.
2. The tourists are walking around outside the temple.
3. He tries to get outside the office whenever possible.
4. Some kids left their bikes outside the store.
| 5. They’re outside their house. |
| 6. This light is left on outside at night. |
| 7. He’s outside in the hot sun. |
8. They like to cook outside in the summer.
(In this sentence, "outside" is used as an adverb to describe where "they like to cook." )
| 9. She likes to be outside in the winter. |
10. The outside of a peach is fuzzy and a little thick; the inside is sweet and juicy.
(In this sentence, "outside" is used a noun: "The outside…")