1. This baby giraffe doesn’t want to go anywhere without its mother.
(without = with no)
2. I like seedless watermelon. It’s grown without any seeds. (This piece has seeds, but it still tastes good.)
| 3. If you have a baby, don’t send him or her out into the cold without first wrapping the child in warm clothes. |
4. This man is waiting for his girlfriend to arrive. He went to this hotdog stand without her.
| Now she’s with him. |
5. Marion likes her tea with sugar, but Helen likes it without sugar.
6. He eats his food without using a fork.
Instead, he eats his food with chopsticks.
7. It’s impossible to ski downhill without snow.
8. Without her seeing-eye dog, she wouldn’t be able to go anywhere safely.
| 9. This picture was drawn a long time ago. The artist drew it without adding any color. |
| 10. He’s riding his bike without a helmet. |