Vocabulary and Reading Exercise #4
Directions: Choose the best answer to complete each sentence.
1. My kids love to baseball. Now that they are bigger and their hands are bigger, I have to buy them new
|a. bases.||b. baseballs.||c. gloves.||d. rackets.|
2. It’s easy to make ramen noodles. Before you put the noodles in the pot, you have to bring the water to a
|a. boil.||b. sink.||c. faucet.||d. burner.|
3. If you don’t have a book, sit by me and we can __________ one together.
|a. learn||b. write||c. buy||d. share|
4. Mark left his wallet in the store. He was happy to find out later that some honest person had turned it in to __________.
|a. the bank.||b. lost and found.||c. a currency exchange.||d. an ATM|
5. Our elderly next-door neighbor has to sell his large two-story house and move into a house that’s easier to ___________.
|a. maintain.||b. purchase.||c. lock.||d. finance.|
6. Pedro put his hands into something that was __________ and hard to get off.
|a. smooth.||b. sticky.||c. edible.||d. paint.|
7. There’s a parking meter, but I only have a dollar bill. Wait here while I go get some
|a. help||b. tokens||c. change||d. money|
8. When Rita and Tom first met, they knew they were meant to be together. It was love at first __________.
|a. handshake.||b. kiss.||c. meeting.||d. sight.|
9. You can’t make an omelet without breaking a few ___________.
|a. eggs.||b. legs.||c. glasses.||d. dishes.|
10. When you move into a new apartment, it’s a good idea to call a ___________ to change the locks.
|a. plumber||b. locksmith||c. doorman||d. key maker|