– Exercise for Lessons One and Two
Complete these sentences with the correct form of the verb “do” in the present tense:
1. He does his homework at the library.
2. Do you like to play football?
3. Where do they live?
4. She does not want to eat that.
5. We do our laundry at the laundromat.
6. What do you do?
7. Does it take long to get there?
8. Does he live near the school?
9. I do not have any money.
10. The students do not have their books today.
Complete these sentences with the helping verb “do” and the main verb to make the negative:
Helping verb = do or does + not Main verb = live, shop, eat, go, see, etc.
1. He doesn’t live in that house. (live)
2. Mary and John don’t shop at that store any more. (shop)
3. It doesn’t take long to get there on the bus. (take)
4. I don’t want any more coffee. (want)
5. You don’t have enough time to get to work. (have)
6. She doesn’t need any milk from the store. (need)
7. We don’t eat dinner every night at home. (eat)
8. The car doesn’t work. (work)
9. Tom doesn’t read the newspaper in the morning. (read)
10. They don’t go shopping during the week. (go)
Click here to return to the Red Level