Red Level Quiz #12 – A Few / A Little
Directions: Fill in the blank with “a few” or “a litttle.” (20 points)
1. She has a little money in her purse.
2. There are a few people in the store.
3. Please get a few oranges when you go to the store.
4. I have a little fruit with me if you’re hungry.
5. They bought a few books at the bookstore.
6. There were quite a few children on the playground.
7. Here’s a little information about Mount Rushmore.
8. It took a few hours to drive to the campground.
9. I need a few bucks. Can you lend me some money?
10. All but a few of the guests got sick after the party.
11. A little patience is all we need to get through the day.
12. This sitution is a little embarassing.
13. Call me back in a few minutes.
14. The movie was good for a few laughs.
15. We can all use a little laughter.
16. This soup needs a little salt.
17. There were quite a few bees outside this morning.
18. I saw a few deer in the woods this morning.
19. Can you give me a little help?
20. How about a little coffee? Do you want some?
Directions: Fill in the blank with “few” or “little.” Notice the meanings of these words are different from those in Part A. (20 points)
1. My boss has little patience for employees who are late.
2. In high school she had very few friends.
3. There are few good schools in that city.
4. We have little time to waste. Let’s go now.
5. She feels very little sympathy for the poor.
6. There are too few buses at this time of the day.
7. Few people showed up at the party.
8. This is too little, too late.
9. The houses here are few and far between.
10. Very few marriages last longer than 50 years.
11. Little effort went into the production and it showed.
12. There was so little competition in the race, he won easily.
13. There are very few fish in this part of the lake.
14. They put very little sugar in these cookies.
15. Few bacteria can survive these kinds of temperatures.
16. The students put too little effort into their homework.
17. Few shopping malls are open on Christmas day.
18. I know this is little comfort, but I’m sorry.
19. There are few women with her qualifications.
20. He gets little exercise, so he’s put on a lot of weight.
Click here to return to the Red Level.