Red Level Quiz #14 – Articles
Directions: Fill in the blank space with the correct article: “a,” “an,” or “the”
1. ___The___ person we hired to paint __the___ south side of our house did a bad job.
2. We sold ___the__ car we bought last year.
3. She needs ___a___ new job.
4. __An / The__ orange was found on ___the___ ground.
5. This chair has ___a___ stain on it.
6. ___The__ manager of our team told us we have ______ practice game this weekend.
7. ___The__ cheese in the refrigerator has ___a___ little mold on it.
8. You should take ___a___ vacation on ___an___ island in the Caribbean sometime. It’s very relaxing.
9. New York is called “___the___ Big Apple,” but does it have ___a___ different nickname?
10. Did you call ____the__ guy who wants to sell us _____a____ new furnace?
Directions: Fill in the blank with “the” or no article. ( –)
1. We heard about the accident on ___the___ radio.
2. The golden days of ___—____ radio are in the past, but it might become popular once again.
3. I love ___the___ sound of ____the____ ocean.
4. Human beings need __—____ water to survive on other planets.
5. Have you ever seen __the____ Mississippi River?
Part B (continued)
6. How many ___—____ geese were there in the park?
7. Several members of __the__ police department attended the ceremony.
8. Her ice cream cone fell in ___the____ dirt.
9. His family visited ___the____ United States last year.
10. Did you read about ___the___ robbery in ____the___ newspaper?
Directions: Fill in the blank with “a” or no article ( — )
1. Do you have time for ___a___ beer?
2. This is your ____—_____ last warning.
3. There was _____a____ tornado warning on TV.
4. You can save money on rent if you find ____—____ roommates.
5. The state is building ____a____ road barrier on this part of the highway.
6. She’s going to need some ___—___ personal attention.
7. Did you see ____a____ farm stand by the side of the road?
8. They need to buy__—____ farm equipment for their farm.
9. That restaurant serves ___—____ good food.
10. We found ____a____ good restaurant when we visited ___a__ suburb of Detroit.
Click here to return to the Red Level.