1. Q: What time is it?
A: It’s 6:00. / It’s six o’clock.
2. Q: What’s the alarm clock doing?
A: It’s beeping. / It’s going off.
3. Q: What’s the man doing?
A: He’s sleeping.
A: He’s not waking up.
4. Q: What might happen if he doesn’t wake up?
A: He might be late.
A: He might wake up late.
5. Q: Do you have an alarm clock? What time do you set it for?
A: Yes, I do. I set it for _________. (time goes here).
- I set it for 5:30 a.m.
- I set if for 5:30 in the morning.
- I set it for 5:30.
Notice that this verb, "set," is irregular. The sentences above could be for the present tense of the past tense:
- What time do you set your clock for?
- I set my clock for 7:00. (present tense)
- What time did you set your clock for?
- I set my clock for 7:00. (past tense)
Click here for more Think in English exercises.