1. Q: What kind of fruit is growing on this tree?
A: Apples are growing on this tree.
A: They’re apples.
2. Q: How many apples do you see growing on this branch?
A: There are seven apples.
3. Q: What is the outside of an apple called?
A: It’s called the skin.
4. Q: What is the middle part of an apple called? (This is the hard area that contains the seeds.)
A: It’s called a core. / It’s an apple core.
5. Q: What color are most apples when they are ripe?
A: Most apples are red when they are ripe. Some are green. Some apples are yellow.
6. Q: Besides eating apples raw, what’s another popular way of eating apples?
A: Many people like to eat apple pie.
A: Applesauce is also very popular.
7. Q: How do you get apples off of a tree?
A: You pick them.
A: Apples are picked off of a tree by hand.
Click here for the Think in English page.
* The apples that you see in the picture above are from one of the apple trees in my yard.