1. Q: What’s the outside covering of a tree called?
A: The outside covering of a tree is called bark.
2. Q: What does it do for the tree?
A: Bark protects the tree. It also provides a method for water and sap to travel up and down the tree.
3. Q: What’s that green stuff?
A: That’s moss. Moss usually grows on the north or east side of a tree.
4. Q: What would happen if you took the bark off of the tree?
A: The tree would die.
5. Q: What’s another use for the word "bark"?
A: "Bark" is the sound made by a dog.
Click here for more Think in English exercises.