1. Q: What kind of birds are these?
A: They’re pigeons.
2. Q: Where do you usually see them?
A: You usually see them in cities.
A: You usually see them in city parks.
3. Q: What are they doing in this picture?
A: They’re trying to keep warm.
A: They’re standing by the fire.
4. Why do some people dislike pigeons?
A: They drop bird poop everywhere.
A: They’re messy. They poop everywhere.
5. Q: Are pigeons afraid of people?
A: No, they aren’t. They’re tame.
6. Q: What will the birds do if you run straight at them?
A: They’ll fly away.
(I took this picture while on a recent trip to Chicago. The birds you see above are gathered at the Eternal Flame Memorial on Daley Plaza.)
Click here for more Think in English exercises.