1. Q: What are they sitting in?
A: They’re sitting in a canoe.
2. Q: What are they using to make it move?
A: They’re using paddles.
A: They’re using paddles to move it through the water.
3. Q: What are they wearing?
A: They’re wearing jackets and orange life vests.
A: They’re wearing life preservers.
4. Q: What’s the weather like?
A: It’s raining.
A: It’s lightly raining.
5. Q: Why do people like to use a canoe instead of a boat that has a motor?
A: It’s quieter than a boat. It’s easier to get a canoe into the water. A canoe is easy to carry.
6. Have you ever used a canoe before?
A: Yes, I have.
B: No, I haven’t.
Click here for more Think in English exercises.