1. Q: What game is he playing?
A: He’s playing chess .
2. Q: What’s the object of this game?
A: The object is to put the king into checkmate.
3. Q: How many squares are there on a chessboard?
A: There are 64 squares on a chessboard.
4. Q: What are the two most powerful pieces in chess?
A: The king and the queen are the two most powerful pieces.
5. Q: How do you win at chess?
A: You have to put the king into checkmate.
A: You win when your opponent’s king is in check and he can’t move to any other position without being in check.
6. Q: Is this a game of skill or luck? Explain.
A: This is a game of skill. You have to know how to move the different pieces around the board, and you have to use a lot of strategy in order to win.
Click here for the previous Think in English exercise.