1. Q: What kind of a shirt is this?
A: It’s a long-sleeved shirt. / It’s a dress shirt. / It’s a work shirt. / It’s a shirt for work.
2. Q: Which part of a shirt goes around the neck?
A: The collar goes around the neck.
3. Q: Where you can you find information about what a shirt is made of and the instructions for washing?
A: Information about material and washing instructions are found on the tag.
4. Q: What do you say when a person puts the tail ends of a shirt inside his or her pants?
A: He tucks in his pants. (present tense)
She tucked in her pants. (past tense)
5. Q: What’s the name given to a thin, white shirt worn underneath a shirt?
A: A t-shirt is worn underneath another shirt.
6. Q: Where do you buy your shirts?
A: I buy my shirts at a clothing store.
A: I buy my shirts at a men’s store. I buy my shirts at a women’s store.
A: I buy my shirts at a thrift shop. (a store that sells used clothes.)
A: I buy my shirts at (name of store in the possessive form). I buy my clothes at Macy’s.
Click here for more Think in English exercises.