1. Q: Where do people go swimming?
A: People go swimming in a swimming pool.
A: People go swimming….
…..in the ocean / at a lake / in a lake / in a river
2. Q: What do you wear when you go swimming?
A: I wear…..
…..a bathing suit / a swimsuit / swim trunks (for men) / a bikini (for women)
3. Q: What can happen to a person who doesn’t know how to swim?
A: A person who doesn’t know how to swim might drown.
4. Q: What’s the name of the person who watches people while the swim to make sure they stay out of trouble or don’t get hurt?
A: A lifeguard saves people from getting hurt when they go swimming.
A: A lifeguard saves people from drowning in the water.
5. Q: Who taught you how to swim?
A: My (mother/father/brother, etc.) taught me how to swim.
Click here for more Think in English exercises.