1. Q: What is this?
A: It’s a ticket stub.
2. Q: Which movie is it for?
A: It’s for American Hustle. / It’s a ticket stub for American Hustle.
3. Q: What time did the movie begin?
A: It began at 1:30.
4. Q: What’s the date on the stub?
A: The date is December 20, 2013.
5. Q: How was the movie rated?
A: It was rated R. (R = restricted. Children under the age of 17 must be accompanied by an adult.)
6. Q: Where was the movie showing?
A: It was showing at Southdale Center.
Note: A ticket stub shows proof of purchase. Many people hold onto their ticket stubs when they buy tickets for a movie, a train trip, an exhibition, etc. A stub is produced when a ticket is torn in half.
Click here for more Think in English exercises.