1. Q: What happened to this tree?
A: An animal chewed all around the base of the tree.
2. Q: What kind of an animal did this?
A: A beaver did it.
A beaver looks like this:
3. Q: What is the outside part of a tree called?
A: It’s called the bark.
4. Q: What will happen to this tree?
A: It will die.
A: It will probably fall over.
4. Q: What will the beaver do with this tree after it falls over?
A: The beaver will use it to make a dam. (A dam is a home that beavers live in. Beaver dams are found on rivers and lakes.)
5. Q: What are some other kinds of animals that use trees to make their homes?
A: Birds, squirrels, and monkeys also use trees to make their homes.
Click here for more Think in English exercises.