Violet Level Quiz #3 – so and such (ANSWERS)
Part A. Directions: Complete each sentence by choosing “so” or “such.”
1. I’m ___so___ hungry, I could eat a horse.
2. This is ___such_____ a big mess, it will take several days to clean up.
3. It was ____such_____ a hot day yesterday.
4. This room feels ____so____ hot.
5. Why is he being ___such_____ a jerk?
6. That movie was ____so_____ funny!
7. It was ____such____ a funny movie! We saw it three times.
8. He’s having chest pains. ___Such____ matters should be discussed with a doctor.
9. Marie is ____so_____ in love with her boyfriend.
10. It snowed ___so_____ much last night, school was called of for today.
Part B. Directions: Complete each sentence by choosing “so”or “such” and “that.”
1. The movie has been ___such____ a big success, ___that____ a sequel is going to be made.
2. She liked the student’s writing _____so____ much __that____ she gave him a gold star.
3. They’re ____so_____ excited ____that___ they can’t get to sleep.
4. The patient was in ___such____ pain ____that_____ the doctor gave him a sedative.
5. It was ____such____ a big explosion ___that_____ it was heard several miles away.
6. These are ____such____ difficult times ____that____ we are living through.
7. Henry’s ____so______ rich ____that____ he doesn’t need to work, but he does anyway.
8. This is ____such____ a popular restaurant _____that___ a reservation is needed weeks ahead of time.
9. These are _____such____ dangerous chemicals _____that___ you need to wear gloves when you use them.
10. The teacher’s class was ____so______ boring ___that____ some people actually went to sleep.
Click here to return to the Violet Level.