modal verb: can (ANSWERS)
Directions: Write questions using the modal verb, can. First, read the answer. Then, write the question by hand in your notebook.
Question: When time can she come over?
Answer: She can come over after 6.
1. Question: When can I leave?
Answer: You can leave after 5.
2. Question: Who can help me?
Answer: The salesclerk can help you.
3. Question: Where can he park his car?
Answer: He can park his car in the street.
4. Question: How much can she pay for rent?
Answer: She can pay up to $800 a month for rent.
5. Question: Why can’t he go to work today?
Answer: He can’t go to work today because he has a flat tire.
6. Question: Where can I find a newspaper?
Answer: You can find a newspaper over on that rack.
7. Question: How could he be so mean?
Answer: It’s hard to explain how he could be so mean.
8. Question: Which one can I have?
Answer: You can have the red one.
9. Question: When can the students leave the classroom?
Answer: The students can leave the classroom when they are dismissed by the teacher.
10. Question: Who can we call to report the accident?
Answer: We can call the police to report the accident.
Click here for more exercises.