the past continuous tense (ANSWERS)
Directions: Write information questions in the past continuous tense tense. First, read the answer. Then, write the question by hand in your notebook.
Question: Who was making the noise?
Answer: The kids were making the noise.
1. Question: Where were you living last year?
Answer: I was living in Texas last year.
2. Question: How many hours was she working every week?
Answer: She was working 40 hours every week.
3. Question: How long was I sleeping?
Answer: You were sleeping for about an hour.
4. Question: Why was the teacher getting angry?
Answer: The teacher was getting angry because the students were talking while he was talking.
5. Question: Who was he talking to?
Answer: He was talking to his supervisor.
6. Question: What were they selling?
Answer: They were selling electronic equipment.
7. Question: How were you feeling yesterday?
Answer: I wasn’t feeling very well yesterday.
8. Question: How much were they paying you?
Answer: They were paying me $12 an hour.
9. Question: What was I talking about?
Answer: You were talking about the movie you saw.
10. Question: How was the car running this morning?
Answer: The car wasn’t running very well this morning.
Click here for more exercises.