To worry is to have a concern or be concerned. A person is afraid of something that might happen in the future. It’s usually used as a verb:
- Abelina is worried about her grades in school.
- Bruce worries about his mother because she’s sick.
- Are you worried about something?
- What are you worried about?
- This situation worries me.
- The children are worried that it’s going to rain and spoil their plans to be outside.
- Roger has been worrying a lot lately about his health.
- Try not to worry too much.
She’s worried about leaving her children home alone.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
This page was first published on April 15, 2012. It was updated on February 24, 2015.