When a very small amount of water (or other liquid) comes from a pipe, a hose, a faucet, your car, or from the sky, use the word "drip."
There’s some water dripping from this pump.
- Some oil dripped from the bottom of my car and now there’s an oil stain on my driveway.
- The showerhead in the bathroom keeps dripping.
- If the faucet contantly drips, you should call a plumber to have it fixed.
- Be careful! You’re dripping water onto the floor.
- Tanya’s hair was dripping wet after she got out of the pool.
- Something is dripping. What is it?
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
This page was first published on January 5, 2012.