If something is familar to you, you know about it, or you have seen it before, or it feels like you have experienced it previously.
- This seems familar.
- You look familiar.
- You look familiar. Do I know you?
- I’m very familiar with this area. I’ve been here many times.
- I am familiar with the people who live in this area.
- It’s nice to meet someone who is familiar with this type of music.
- Are you familiar with the work of Pablo Picasso?
The word "familiarity" is a noun. When someone has a lot of experience or contact with another person or a thing, we can use the word "familiarity."
- Don was hired to work in Mexico because of his familiarty with the people and their culture.
- Wanda’s familiarity with computers increases her value as an employee.