The word "plump" is similar to the word "fat," but to some people, plump actually sounds better. This word is often used for fruit, animals, and people.
- Joan looks a little plump after having her baby.
- That’s a very plump strawberry. It looks delicious.
- Nick would rather go out with a girl who’s a little plump than a girl who’s really skinny.
- We got a nice, plump turkey from the grocery store and roasted it.
- There’s a plump little rabbit eating from my garden.
- The best time to eat grapes is when they’re plump.
- These cherries look sweet and plump.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
This page was first published on May 31, 2012. It was updated on April 25, 2015.