A crab is a sea creature that looks a little like this:
But we also use the word "crab" to describe a person who complains or is unhappy. You can use this word as a noun, a verb, or as an adjective:
- He’s a crab. (noun)
- He crabs about everything. (verb)
- Why is he being so crabby? (adjective)
- Darnesha’s three-year-old daughter becomes crabby if she doesn’t get an afternoon nap.
- Joe crabs about his boss all the time.
- What are you crabbing about?
- Don’t be such a crab!
Click here to learn more words.
August 28, 2013