To dabble in something is to explore an interest or try to do something as an amateur. This word is often used when describing a person who has the luxury of extra time to experiment and do new things.
- Jerry is dabbling in abstract art.
- He dabbled in theater during college.
- Sandra has dabbled in real estate, but she didn’t make very much money at it.
- I dabble a little at making Indian food. It’s hard to do, but watching YouTube videos is a big help.
- Bina dabbles at gardening and growing her own food.
- Our teacher tells us he dabbles from time to time at learning Spanish.
Click here to learn more words.
August 29, 2013