Flab is fat. It’s the extra weight that a person carries around on his or her body. Flab is something that people try to lose if they are worried about being heavy.
- He’s trying to lose some flab by exercising.
- Running helps to reduce flab.
- The doctor said that Jennifer needed to lose some of the flab around her stomach.
- We have to cut some of the flab from our budget. (You can use the word "flab" to describe excess spending.)
The adjective form of this word is "flabby."
- He’s looking a little flabby.
- The flabby police officer couldn’t catch up to the thief he was chasing.
- I’m getting a little too flabby. I have to lose some weight.
Your teacher is getting flabby.
Click here to learn more words.
August 9, 2013