Word of the Day – December 2013 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best words to complete each sentence.
1. The __________ from the explosion could be felt miles away.
2. The singer chose songs that she hopes will __________ the audience.
3. _________ interviews are very helpful for someone who is preparing to look for a job.
4. Our neighbors across the street absolutely __________ their grandchildren.
5. It’s been such a __________ day, I haven’t even had time to eat lunch.
6. Getting a new job has given Dan a big __________ to his self-confidence.
7. Helen’s __________ husband left her with a large amount of money.
8. Is there anyone __________ who would like to go to the lake with us tomorrow?
9. Bertha gets a tremdous amount of __________ out of cooking for her family.
10. People who like to __________ baseball cards will pay a lot of money for rare cards.
11. What kind of a __________ did you get on your English test?
12. A butter __________ doesn’t do a very good job of cutting through steak.
13. If you __________ your duties at work, you might not have a job for very long.
14. A sudden __________ of lightning was followed moments later by a loud clap of thunder.
15. One group of people who are most likely to run for poltical __________ are lawyers.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
Click here to print out this quiz.
by hand in your notebook to save