The word "joy" means happiness or pleasure. A person feels good when experiencing joy:
- People’s hearts are filled with joy during the holiday season.
- Expressions of joy spread over the faces of the children as they opened their presents.
- Patients on a hospital diet miss the joy of eating regular food.
- The joy of cooking comes from providing delicious and healthy food to family and friends.
- What a joy it was to see everyone getting along at the party.
- The young man could not hide the joy he felt upon hearing that he got the job he wanted.
The word "joy" is often found within words that express happiness:
- A joyful group of children sang songs as they rode on the bus. (The word "joyful" is an adjective.)
- They joyfully sang songs. ("Joyfully" is an adverb.)
- Overjoyed by the support of coworkers, friends, and neighbors who donated money for her cancer treatments, Kristen began to cry.
- Christmas is a joy-filled holiday.
- We enjoy going to Quebec on vacation.
Click here to learn more words.
December 11, 2013