A pan is used for cooking. This is a pan:
- You can use a frying pan for making many things such as eggs, bacon, fish, or grilled cheese sandwiches.
- I used a pan last night to make some fried rice.
- Many people like to use nonstick pans because they’re easy to clean.
- It’s good to have an assortment of pots and pans in your kitchen if you like to cook.
But there are other types of pans:
It’s possible to use the word "pan" as a verb:
When moving a video camera from left to right, you pan right.
If you move the camera from right to left, you pan left.
Pan left. = Move the camera to your left.
A person who looks for gold in a river bed uses a pan.
To pan something is to criticize it and say it isn’t very good.
- The critics panned the most recent movie starring Arnold Schwarzenegger.
- If you open a restaurant that gets panned by the general public, you could go out of business.
Click here to learn more words.
|Your donations help keep this website free for people around the world. Thanks! |
February 24, 2013