Word of the Day – May 2013 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best words to complete each sentence. Use each word once.
1. I’m __________ to help.
2. She has a very bad __________ of arriving late everywhere she goes.
3. What kind of ___________ did you use to make this bread?
4. If he weren’t so __________, he could get much better grades.
5. Kevin is not the ___________ of person who would steal something from a store.
6. The ___________ the teacher covered in class is online.
7. It’s necessary to ___________ with different kinds of methods in order to determine which one is the best.
8. There’s a ___________ missing from this shirt.
9. Most people thought the popularity of that fashion would last a bit longer, but it turned out to be just another ___________.
10. What do you want to ___________ she wins the race?
11. Does Renee know how to ____________ that kind of a vehicle?
12. ___________ yourself against pickpocketers in this city. They’ll steal your wallet without you even knowing it.
13. They ___________ a lot of time and energy to this cause.
14. My supervisor said that she wanted to ___________ me to a better position.
15. Bill finally has the bachelor ___________ that he’s always dreamed of.
Answers are available at the bottom of this page.