If something is mild, it is not strong. It might be kind of weak. Whether or not something is mild has a lot to do with the perception of an individual person. This word is an adjective.
- Temperatures this week have been mild.
- Last year we had a mild winter.
- The audience’s reaction to the performance was mild.
- This salsa is not too spicy; it has a mild flavor.
- These peppers are too mild. We need something stronger.
- The medicine she’s taking has had a mild effect on her ability to drive.
- A mild sedative helped relax the man and soon he fell asleep.
- Sandra thought the perfume she was wearing had a mild scent, but the people around her were left gasping for air.
a bottle of perfume
Click here to learn more words.
May 19, 2013