The word "think" is a very common verb that express the action of using one’s mind. You can use "think" for opinions, ideas, beliefs, and self-expression:
- She thinks this is a good idea.
- What do you think?
- I don’t think this is a smart thing to do.
- What are you thinking about?
- Have you thought about what you are going to do today?
- Frank didn’t think he would need an umbrella today, but he was wrong. He thought it wasn’t going to rain.
- It’s important to think through this important decision.
- Have you thought this through?
- Donna needs to think about how she’s going to pay for college.
- I’m not ready to make a purchase yet. I’ll have to think about it first.
The word "thought" is the past tense and the past participle form for "think," but it’s also used a noun. Click here to see how it’s used.
Try this quiz:
Click here to learn more words.
Answers: 1. think; 2. thinking; 3. thinks; 4. think; 5. thought
This page was first published on May 21, 2013. It was updated on January 24, 2015.