To be grateful is to be thankful for the things that you have: your health, your family, your friends, your job, money, or possessions. This word is an adjective:
- Theresa is grateful that her parents are still alive.
- Don is grateful for being given an opportunity to work for that company.
- Many people are grateful to God for whatever it is they have or will receive in the future.
- Isabel showed how grateful she was to her neighbors by baking them a big cake.
- We’re so grateful that someone found our lost dog.
- The victims of the accident said that they were grateful for all the help they received.
- "Thank you! We’re so grateful for your help."
- On Thanksgiving, Americans express how grateful they are for their good fortune.
- What are you grateful for?
The word "gratitude" is a noun:
- Isabel expressed her gratitude to her neighbors.
- As a show of gratitude, she baked them a cake.
Click here to learn more words.
November 28, 2013