The word "kindly" is an adverb or an adjective that people use to describe kind or polite activity.
- She asked him kindly to remove his hat while inside the church.
- This is a kindly reminder to send in your payment before it is due.
- The doctor kindly reminded his patient of the need to lose another 30 pounds of weight.
- The manager of the hotel kindly waived the cost of our breakfast, so we all ate for free.
- A kindly old man donated three million dollars to the orphanage.
Click here to learn about the adjective "kind."
Click here to learn more words.
This page was first published November 11, 2013. It was updated on July 23, 2016.