A glitch is a small problem that may cause larger problems. Glitches are found in computer systems, websites, electronic and mechanical systems, schedules, plans, and negotiations.
- A computer glitch caused a problem with her online order.
- A temporary glitch in their plans caused a delay.
- People were prevented from signing up for health insurance due to a few glitches in the website.
- A sudden glitch in the negotiations between the two countries brought their discussions to a halt.
- A glitch in the flight schedule disrupted air travel for a few hours.
- There’s a glitch in the system.
- This is just a glitch. It won’t take long to fix.
A glitch in the software caused some problems.
Click here to learn more words.
This page was first published on October 26, 2013. It was updated on October 8, 2016.