The word "capture" means to catch something or someone who has escaped or needs to be found. The pronunciation of this word is capture (cap shur).
- The police captured the man who robbed the bank.
- A little boy captured a butterfly with a net.
- Whitey Bulger escaped capture for decades. (This sentence uses "capture" as a noun.)
- His capture made national headlines. (This sentence uses "capture" as a noun.)
- The United States captured Sadam Hussein after an exhausting manhunt.
- It’s hard to capture a fish with your bare hands.
- The woman was captured by a monster.
The monster captured her.
The word "capture" can also be used when taking photographs or using a video camera:
- Marta captured her son’s graduation on video.
- A cell phone does a good job of capturing images.
- A camera captured the exact moment when the horse crossed the finish line.
Click here to learn more words.
September 3, 2013