A fee is an amount of money that must be paid for services. The word "fee" is often used with, and is similar to, the word "charge."
- The parking fee at the fair is five dollars.
- The doctor said there would be no fee for his services. (There was no charge.)
- The plumber charged us a fee for the installation of the toilet.
- Some banks have monthly fees for checking accounts.
- My bank doesn’t charge a fee if there’s a minimum balance of $500.
- The lawyer’s fees came to over $5000.
- What kind of fees do they charge?
- Is there a fee?
- What’s the fee?
- There are a lot of school fees at the beginning of the school year.
- There’s no fee for using this website. It’s free!
Note: You can’t use "fee" as a verb.
Click here to learn more words.
This page was first published on September 6, 2013. It was updated on September 8, 2016.