To harass someone is to cause trouble for a person. It happens again and again, over and over, and sometimes the harassment is illegal.
- Some of the kids at school harass Jose because of the the way he talks and where he comes from.
- Bill says the police are harassing him because of the way he looks.
- The mayor of the city sexually harassed some of his staff members. Eventually, he lost his job.
- When Jill found out who was harassing her, she hired someone to take care of the problem.
The noun form of this word is harassment:
- Our supervisor lost his job because of a sexual harassment incident.
- Harassment of students is not tolerated at our school.
- Most schools in the United States have a zero-tolerance policy when it comes to any form of harassment.
Click here to learn more words.
This page was first published on September 8, 2016. It was updated on September 10, 2016.